Poseida Therapeutics Hosts Second Annual Virtual R&D Day Highlighting Novel Pipeline Assets and Latest Technology Innovations
"R&D Day is a time for us to showcase not only our progress in the clinic but our redefining work in cell and gene therapy using our proprietary genetic engineering technologies in new and innovative ways," said Eric Ostertag, M.D., Ph.D., Executive Chairman of
Presentations will cover updates on both platforms and product candidates and will be delivered by the Company's executive leadership, scientists, clinical team members, and key opinion leaders including
Key R&D Day Topics and Highlights
TSCM-based CAR-T Therapy Programs
Dr. Gattinoniis presenting on the importance of T-stem cell memory (Tscm) in cell therapy, a desirable cell type that is associated with best responses and a differentiated tolerability profile in the clinic and may be key to CAR-T success against solid tumor indications. Dr. Slovinis providing expanded commentary on clinical findings in the P-PSMA-101 trial, the autologous CAR-T program for patients with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, following her presentation of these results at the American Society of Clinical Oncology Genitourinary Cancers Symposium(ASCO GU) earlier in the month. Devon Shedlock, Ph.D., Poseida'sChief Scientific Officer of Cell Therapy, is presenting on the Company's allogeneic CAR-T platform, including preclinical findings from P-BCMA-ALLO1 and P-MUC1C-ALLO1, and will discuss the benefits of taking a dual CAR approach with the Company's P-CD19CD20-ALLO1 program as an example, enabled by utilizing Poseida'sproprietary non-viral piggyBac DNA Delivery System.
Innovative Gene Therapy Programs
- P-OTC-101 is the Company's liver-directed gene therapy program for the in vivo treatment of urea cycle disease caused by a deficiency in the ornithine transcarbamylase (OTC) enzyme, a defect that impairs the body's ability to detoxify ammonia, a byproduct of protein metabolism. Today the Company will show animal data demonstrating use of its hybrid delivery approach to correct the disease markers and achieve durable expression at dramatically lower doses to support a potentially more effective and more tolerable profile, thereby highlighting the ability of
Poseida'stechnologies to address challenges that have plagued traditional adeno associated virus (AAV)-based gene delivery.
- P-FVIII-101 is a liver-directed gene therapy program partnered with Takeda utilizing the Company's piggyBac DNA Delivery System in combination with
Poseida'sbiodegradable nanoparticle delivery for the in vivo treatment of Hemophilia A, a bleeding disorder with high unmet medical need caused by a deficiency in Factor VIII production. Today the Company will share data showing potentially therapeutic levels of expression of Factor VIII can be achieved using a fully nanoparticle system to deliver treatment in juvenile animal models, demonstrating the potential to achieve single treatment cures even in the underserved juvenile patient population.
- Site-Specific Super PiggyBac® DNA Delivery represents the next generation in gene insertion technology, with the potential to drive highly site-specific DNA integration in nearly any cell or tissue type.
- Cas-CLOVER Site-Specific Gene Editing System works with high efficiency when editing in vivo and can be delivered using the Company's proprietary biodegradable mRNA LNPs.
- The Company's TCR-T platform combines piggyBac DNA delivery and Cas-CLOVER gene editing technologies to generate effective off-the-shelf TCR-T product candidates and could be leveraged to address indications in oncology and beyond, including infectious disease and autoimmunity.
- The Company's CAR 3.0 approach uses genetically modified hematopoietic stem cells, or HSCs, to create a next-generation anti-cancer therapeutic for some indications, which could potentially combine the advantages of T cells, NK cells and other cell types that are naturally derived from HSCs in a single CAR-based treatment approach.
R&D Day Webcast Information
A live webcast of the Company's R&D Day event will be available on the Investors & Media section of Poseida's website, www.poseida.com. A replay of the webcast will be available for 30 days following the presentation.
Statements contained in this press release regarding matters that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements include statements regarding, among other things, the potential benefits of
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/poseida-therapeutics-hosts-second-annual-virtual-rd-day-highlighting-novel-pipeline-assets-and-latest-technology-innovations-301488110.html
Marcy Graham, VP, Corporate Affairs, Poseida Therapeutics, Inc., 858-779-3108, firstname.lastname@example.org; Sarah Thailing, Director, Corporate Communications and IR, Poseida Therapeutics, Inc., 858-605-3717, email@example.com